1. What on-demand services are provided by Now Player?
Now Player provides many types of on-demand programming such as drama, entertainment, leisure, kids’ content, news/ info, sports and movies. Please click here for a list of on-demand libraries.
2. When will videos be uploaded to the Now Player website?
Videos will be uploaded within 24 hours of their TV broadcast.
3. When will videos be removed from Now Player?
Off-shelf time varies from program to program. Please refer to the corresponding program detail page for the exact off-shelf date.
4. Can I download videos from the Now Player website?
No, you are not able to download video from the Now Player website.
5. Why am I not able to watch Now Player on-demand while overseas?
Some videos cannot be watched outside Hong Kong because of licensing issues.
1. What live channels can I watch on Now Player?
Now Player provides many types of live channels such as drama, entertainment, documentaries, kids’ content, news/ info and sports. Please click here for a list of live channels.
2. Why am I not able to watch Now Player’s live channels while overseas?
Some channels cannot be watched outside Hong Kong because of licensing issues.
3. Will Now Player’s live channels synchronize with those on TV? Are there any commercials?
Now Player’s live channels synchronize with those on TV, though there may be 10 to 20 seconds’ latency from the Now Player website because of network connectivity issues. Commercials do appear on Now Player’s live channels, same as TV.
1. Do I have to pay to watch live channels or on-demand videos on Now Player?
Users are responsible for any data transmission costs incurred while using Now Player and connecting with Now Player service via the Internet or its website. Certain content is available only to Now TV customers subscribing to certain plans. Users may have to subscribe to the channel/ package and pay a monthly fee to access content:
• Now NEWS Channel (ch 332) and SPORTS Prime (ch 630) are free to watch in Hong Kong. It is not necessary to be a Now TV customer to watch this content and users are not required to login.
• Now Direct (ch 331), Now Business News Channel (ch 333), Phoenix InfoNews Channel (ch 366), Phoenix HK Channel (ch 367), Phoenix Chinese Channel (ch 548) and Taoist TV (ch 550) are free to all Now TV subscribers who have bound their Now ID with a set-top box.
• Now TV customers subscribing to designated channel/ content with Now ID connected with a set-top box can watch most of the subscribed content on Now Player.
Please click here for a list of on-demand libraries.
Please click here for a list of live channels.
• Please click here for Now ID registration and connection.
Please note your access to any program, channel and/ or content at the Now Player website can be terminated anytime without notice.
2. Can I subscribe to TV channels via Now Player?
Yes, you can subscribe to TV channels via Live Chat at the Now Player website.
3. What is Now ID? What is a Now ID connection?
Now ID is a login name that enhances your experience by making many interactive functions/ services available.
Existing Now TV subscribers can apply for Now ID for free.
Certain content on Now Player requires a Now ID connection.
You need to connect to Now ID with a TV decoder in order to enjoy Now TV service simultaneously on a computer.
Please click here for a Now ID connection (if you already have a Now ID).
Please click here for free Now ID registration.
1. What is Mature Content Lock? I have a family member under the age of 18. How do I restrict access to adult content?
Mature Content Lock prevents children from watching unauthorized programs containing adult content. You must not allow any person under 18 years of age to view programs featuring adult content.
Now Player locks programs containing adult content by default. You can unlock it by entering a Now ID password every time you want to watch such a program. Please secure your Now ID password and do not disclose it to anyone under 18 years of age.
1. What is Now Video Express First?
Now Video Express First provides the latest movies from Hollywood, Asian and also world class concerts and operas on a pay-per-view basis. Unlimited viewing within 48 hours (except selected programs) following purchase and viewers can pause, fast forward or rewind a program anytime.
2. How many times can I view a program purchased from Now Video Express First?
You can view the program as many times you like within 48 hours (except selected programs) of purchase.
3. How many program types are provided by Now Video Express First?
Apart from Hollywood and Asian movies, Now Video Express First also provides foreign language drama, concerts and opera.
4. Is there a fixed term for purchasing Now Video Express First program(s)?
5. Can I view Now Video Express First program(s) on my personal computer, when the program(s) are purchased from the TV portal (with the remote control)?
You can use your connected personal computer to view your chosen Now Video Express First program any time within the 48-hours period by using your Now ID, starting from the time you place an order for the viewing of such a program from the TV portal. For instructions on how to connect your set top box to a personal computer on which you wish to view your Now Video Express First program through the use of your Now ID, please click here.
6. Can my Now TV set top box be connected to more than one personal computer in order to view the Now Video Express First programs purchased?
7. I am viewing a program purchased from Now Video Express First on TV. Can my family members view such a program, or other programs purchased from Now Video Express First, through an online computer at the same time?
Yes, you can view the Now Video Express First program on both your online personal computer with Now ID connection # and the TV portal (ch 106) at the same time.
8. Can I purchase/ view Now Video Express First program(s) on different mobile devices/computer?
Yes, you can. You can purchase/ view Now Video Express First program(s) on a personal computer or mobile devices (including IOS and Android smartphones or tablet(s) with Now ID connection.
9. Where can I view the purchased Now Video Express First program(s)?
Purchased Now Video Express First program(s) are available for viewing on the TV + 1 mobile device^ (smartphone or tablet) or 1 personal computer^.
10. Do I need to register mobile devices (smartphones or tablets) when I purchase Now Video Express First programs? Do I need to register it every time?
You need to enter a name for your mobile devices for the first time of purchasing the Now Video Express First programs. You need to register it for once only.
11. Can I download the purchased program(s) to mobile device?
No, it only supports streaming service.
12. Can I select different audio to view the program(s) purchased from Now Video Express First?
Yes, you can select any available audio for viewing. (Please note: only some programs provide different audio).
13. Can I choose “Pay Directly”/ “Rent Now” (The transaction amount will be shown on Now TV bill in the following month) to view some Now Video Express programs, even I have sufficient Now Dollars value in my account?
No, you must use Now Dollars to pay to view Now Video Express programs if you have sufficient unused Now Dollars in your account.
14. I would like to purchase programs from Now Video Express First, however, I don’t have sufficient Now Dollars. What should I do?
If you don’t have sufficient Now Dollars, you could choose “Rent Now” to purchase the programs from Now Video Express First. The transaction amount will be shown on Now TV bill in the following month. You may also purchase Now Dollars from the TV portal, Now Player or nowplayer.now.com.
1. What is Now Dollars?
Now Dollars can be used to purchase On Demand pay-per-view programs. Customers can use it to purchase Now Video Express First (ch 106) programs and AV PPV (ch 900) program(s) for viewing on a prepaid basis, and they can enjoy latest programs at a discounted rate*.
2. How many denominations can Now Dollars be purchased?
Now Dollars comes in 3 prepaid values: $100, $200 and $300.
3. What is the validity period of Now Dollars?
$100 Now Dollars is valid for three months.
$200 Now Dollars is valid for six months.
$300 Now Dollars is valid for six months.
4. Can I use Now Dollars immediately after its purchase?
Customers can use Now Dollars immediately after purchasing via the Now TV portal or nowplayer.now.com. Now Dollars is valid for three or six months (depending on its value), starting from the date of purchase. Any unused Now Dollars value will be forfeited after expiry of the validity period.
5. If my Now Dollars expires tomorrow, and I top up Now Dollars today, will there be two different validity periods for my purchased Now Dollars?
No, Now Dollars has a validity period of three or six months (depending on the Now Dollars value). If you top up your Now Dollars value before the validity period expires, the validity period will be extended for an additional three or six months (depending on the Now Dollars value of your top up), starting from the date of the top up.
6. Can my Now Dollars be refunded if my subscription to Now TV is terminated for whatever reason?
Your Now Dollars will be forfeited if your subscription to Now TV is terminated for whatever reason.
7. How can I check the expiry date and remaining balance or top up my Now Dollars value?
Top up Now Dollars via nowplayer.now.com
Step 1: Select “Settings” and “Now ID”
Step 2: Log into the website by using your registered Now ID
Step 3: Back to “Home”, select “Settings” and “Now Dollars”
Step 4: Select the Now Dollars value
Step 5: Enter password and confirm
Step 6: Completed
Check Now Dollars
1) To check the Now Dollars balance and expiry date on a personal computer, smart phone or tablet, customers have to connect the personal computer/ smartphone/ tablet to their Now TV set top box and log in with a Now ID. For Now ID registration and information on how to connect the Now TV set top box to a personal computer/ smartphone/ tablet, please click here.
2) Call us at 1833 888
8. Can I use Now Dollars to settle my Now TV monthly fee?
No. You cannot exchange Now Dollars for cash, nor use them for anything other than for paying to view On Demand pay-per-view service programs which include programs on Now Video Express First (ch 106) and AV PPV (ch 900).
9. How will you charge me if I buy Now Dollars?
You will be billed for the purchase of Now Dollars in your next Now TV bill, following purchase.
10. How much discount can I get if I use Now Dollars to pay to view Now Video Express programs?
If you buy Now Dollars, you will be given additional Now Dollars. For example, we will give additional $10 Now Dollars if you buy $100 Now Dollars. This translates into a discount of 10% when you pay to view your programs.
11. Can I choose to pay directly to view On Demand pay-per-view service programs which include programs on Now Video Express First (ch 106) and AV PPV (ch 900), even I have sufficient Now Dollars value in my account?
No, you must use Now Dollars to pay to view On Demand pay-per-view service programs which includes programs on Now Video Express First (ch 106) and AV PPV (ch 900), if you have sufficient unused Now Dollars in your account.
12. Apart from the Now TV portal and nowplayer.now.com, are there any other ways to purchase Now Dollars?
You can purchase Now Dollars via the hotline, retail shops, service centers or a direct salesperson.
* For selected program(s) only.
^ Must be connected to Now TV set top box with the use of a Now ID.
# Now ID connection means connecting a Now ID with a TV set top box. This means you can enjoy Now TV service* on a computer or mobile device simultaneously.
1. What are the Now Player keyboard shortcuts?
Double click/ press F: Activate full screen/ exit full screen.
Press esc: Exit full screen.
Press backspace: Exit player.
Press 1/ left arrow: Backward 10 seconds.
Press 2/ right arrow: Forward 10 seconds.
Press 4: Backward 30 seconds.
Press 5: Forward 30 seconds.
Press 7: Backward 1 minute.
Press 8: Forward 1 minute.
Press 3/ space: Stop/play.
Press 6: Toggle audio channels.
Press -/ down arrow: Decrease volume.
Press +/ up arrow: Increase volume.
1. What are the basic requirements of my personal computer if I want to use Now Player?
PC software requirements:
|Operating System / Browser||Chrome version 68 or later||Firefox version 62 or later||Edge 12||Internet Explorer 11||Safari version 11 or later|